Thursday, 13 January 2011

Major Project Ideas


For my final major project, I am going to do two 8-week projects over 16 weeks. One of the projects is going to be illustrations based on facts on robots and robotics from Japan and Korea. Some of facts are about how by 2020 there will be a robot in every house in Korea, and robot teachers in schools instead of human teachers. The main idea I have for this is turning some of these facts into posters, advertising this new and perfect world. Or I might turn them editorial illustrations for some of the science magazines.

The other project is going to be a series of illustrations based on fairy tales such as Little Red Riding Hood. These illustrations will be a new twist on these stories. I will be setting the stories in different times, than when they are usually set. Such as setting Little Red Riding Hood in an urban city rather than a forest. Another example is changing the way the ‘Tin Soldier’ looks. He would in the same uniform as some of today’s soldiers. I am not too sure on how many stories I am going to do yet, because I need to find how I can adapt the stories. The illustrations might be turned into editorial pieces. With the image surrounded by the text. Or I could turn them into book covers.

The illustrations above are some examples of how other people have approached the themes I want to illustrate. They are by Sam Weber and James Jean.

No comments:

Post a Comment