
Here are my illustrations for the 7x7 brief. I had to produce two illustrations for a story which is called ‘Soft Touch’. It’s about an English man called Dave who goes round to a Polish family house on Christmas Eve. Where he meets a Russian woman who he likes. After reading the story the main thing that came to mind was all the different nationalists under one roof. The main character feels more at home with this family than he does with British people. This is the main theme I wanted to put across in my illustrations. My first illustration shows this gas cooker with a big boiling pot on the top of it. The soup inside the pot is over flowing and forming a love heart to represent the main characters feelings. The Union Jack flag on the cooker and the Polish flag as the tea towel represent two nationalists coming together. The second illustration is adapted from a line in the story. This shows a hyena in a school uniform in a class room. I think these illustrations work well. My only problem with the hyena one is I think I have over loaded it things. For the cooker one I think the handles on the boiling pot are a bit too big. So later this summer I might redo them or change parts of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment