Sunday, 13 March 2011

Robotic Drawings Original




These are my finished pencil drawings for some of my editorial illustrations based on robotics. Some of these drawings took between one to two hours to complete. Later on these were scanned into the computer, then coloured digitally using Photoshop. Colouring them digitally is a good process to use because if I am not happy with certain colours I can get rid of them, without starting the whole image again. I am really pleased with the way these drawings have turned out. The main reason is that they look realistic, which is something I wanted to achieve with these. My favourite drawing is the wasp one because of all the different parts of machinery that have been used. I didn’t want to have any machinery on the wasp’s wings because it would have overpowered the drawing making it looked too complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment