Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Hydro74





Here are some illustrations by Hydro74, who's also know as Joshua M. Smith. He is based in Orlando U.S.A. His illustrations have been printed on all kinds of things e.g. t-shirts, shoes and playing cards. He produces pen and ink drawings, later finished using the computer using Illustrator. I am a huge fan of his work because this style of illustration is unique. It looks like a mix of Art Nouveau and graffiti. His drawing are basically just flat black line, without any tone. I think the use of limited colour makes the drawing more eye-catching. Looking at his work you can see that he as been influenced by things he as grown up with, such as Transformers toys and the t.v series, converting these influences into illustrations. I have labeled this under P.D.P because for my next artifact I want to create illustrations that are going to be printed on t-shirts as I think that would work well on t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment