
For the second part of my final major project I was originally going to do something of Fairy Tales. But I have had problems with trying to come up with ideas for certain stories. The main problem behind this project was I was worried about how the finished illustrations may have looked. They could have ended up looking really good or just terrible. That is a risk I am not willing to take because I want to be proud with the work I produce for my final major project.
So the project as changed to me illustrating the book ‘The Bloody Chamber’ by Angela Carter. This is the book that the film ‘The Company of Wolves’ was based on. The stories in ‘The Bloody Chamber’ are roughly based on certain fairy tales like little Red Riding Hood and other well know tales. The stories are retold they are darker and sinister than the ones we are use to hearing. They are adult fairy tales.
For this project I intend to do one or two illustrations for each story and the book cover. This project will last 8 weeks in total.
No comments:
Post a Comment