Monday, 20 December 2010

Outsider Illustrations


These are my illustrations for ‘The Outsider’ by Albert Camus for the Folio Society. I really enjoyed the story, but would have enjoyed more if I did have to illustrate it. At first trying to come up with illustrations for the story was hard, because somethings in the book are hard to do an image for. With out just drawing the words. The scenes I chosen are the two men in boiler suits on the beach. The balcony scene when the main character is looking down into the streets. The final one is where the main character is prison thinking about women. I had a lot of problems with what media I was going to use. I didn’t like to paintings I did. So I use that way of working from my Edward Scissorhands digital painting test. I like this way of working and I think it works for the book. I just need to improve them a bit for entering the competition. I might change one of the scenes to another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment